- The group stage of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play is complete through three days
- The sweet 16 remaining golfers vie for the prestigious title in single-elimination play
- See the best bets and odds for golfers to win the title in the article below
Three days of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play is in the books and just like its March Madness basketball counterpart, this week many people’s brackets have been busted. Big names that exited after the round-robin format include two of the top-three favorites entering the championship in Justin Thomas and Viktor Hovland.
Last year’s finalists Billy Horschel and Scottie Scheffler made it through to the knockout stages, and they’ll renew their rivalry Saturday. The favorite entering the week was Jon Rahm, and he advanced, surviving to compete in a star-studded match against Brooks Koepka.
As the action shifts to Saturday morning, it’s single elimination matches throughout the rest of the weekend, beginning at 8:35 am ET. Then, the quarter-finals tee off in the afternoon following the eight morning matches. In this article, we’ll explore which players have the best chance of advancing in play en route to the final to win one of golf’s most prestigious tournaments.
2022 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Odds
Odds as of March 26th at DraftKings Sportsbook
Big Names Exiting Early
Justin Thomas came into the week playing inspired golf, but he dropped two of three matches to exit stage left. Viktor Hovland won two of his three but got ousted in a playoff by Will Zalatoris. The three other playoffs that determined the group stage winners were Scottie Scheffler over Matt Fitzpatrick, Kevin Na defeating Maverick McNealy and Takumi Kanaya taking down Lucas Herbert.
Matches and starting times for the Round of 16 at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play pic.twitter.com/7vZiytPZZR
— PGA TOUR Communications (@PGATOURComms) March 26, 2022
Saturday Morning Sweet Sixteen Match Odds
|First Pairing||Match Odds|
|Scottie Scheffler (#5)||-125|
|Billy Horschel (#12)||+105|
|Second Pairing||Match Odds|
|Tyrrell Hatton (#13)||-145|
|Seamus Power (#42)||+125|
|Third Pairing||Match Odds|
|Dustin Johnson (#8)||-235|
|Richard Bland (#54)||+190|
|Fourth Pairing||Match Odds|
|Jon Rahm (#1)||-155|
|Brooks Koepka (#16)||+135|
|Fifth Pairing||Match Odds|
|Kevin Kisner (#29)||-125|
|Adam Scott (#32)||+105|
|Sixth Pairing||Match Odds|
|Will Zalatoris (#24)||-140|
|Kevin Na (#25)||+120|
|Seventh Pairing||Match Odds|
|Corey Conners (#36)||-150|
|Takumi Kanaya (#56)||+130|
|Eighth Pairing||Match Odds|
|Collin Morikawa (#2)||-145|
|Abraham Ancer (#15)||+125|
Jon Rahm vs Brooks Koepka In Blockbuster Tilt
Without question, the best of the eight matches for Saturday morning is the amazing battle between world number one Jon Rahm and four-time major champion Brooks Koepka. The betting favorite and world number one Rahm won two matches while Koepka swept his group.
Billy Horschel vs. Scottie Scheffler is a great rematch of last year’s final and it still might be on the undercard for tomorrow’s heavyweight title fight of Jon Rahm vs. Brooks Koepka.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelTAN) March 25, 2022
Rahm has had a run at the title at this course before, before losing in the 2017 final to Dustin Johnson. Koepka is a +135 underdog in their battle and is +1400 to win it all. He leads the field this week in birdies and strokes gained: approach. Should he advance, he’d play the winner of the aforementioned past champ DJ and 49-year-old sensation Richard Bland. That’s what’s pushing Koepka’s odds to his current number, but it’s still really good value.
Best Live Value Picks for WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play
- Kevin Kisner (+1200): We were high on Kevin Kisner at the start of the tournament at his +6500 odds, so no reason to change now. He’s super comfortable at this track, having won in 2019 and also went to the final in 2018. He’s second through three rounds in strokes gained: tee-to-green, approaching the green, and around-the-green. He squares off against Adam Scott and would play the winner of the Will Zalatoris/Kevin Na duel.
- Billy Horschel (+1800): Given that Billy Horschel is the defending champion, these odds are enticing. He’s up against the red-hot Scottie Scheffler, but he beat him in the final last year to prove he can take him down. Horschel went 2-0-1 in the group stage, and hasn’t lost a match in his last eight at the Dell Match Play. Prior to him withdrawing at the Players Championship, he was runner-up at Bay Hill and had four straight finishes of 16th or better. Should he advance, the 2014 FedEx Cup champion would face the winner of Tyrrell Hatton vs Seamus Power.
BET $10 WIN $100 IF YOUR TEAM MAKES A FREE THROW!
BET $10 WIN $200 IF YOUR TEAM HITS A 3 POINTER!
GET $1,100 IN FIRST BET INSURANCE!
BET $5 WIN $150 ON ANY MARCH MADNESS GAME!
BET $5 WIN $200 ON ANY TEAM TO WIN!
The post 2022 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play Round of 16 & Quarterfinals Odds and Preview appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.