- The New York State Register recently published an official set of rules for online NY sports betting
- The first nine New York online sportsbooks will be required to follow these rules and regulations
- Online New York sports betting is launching soon
The rules and regulations for New York online sports betting have officially been adopted by the state. The New York State Register recently published a set of administrative rules that will come into effect when online NY sports betting launches in the coming weeks.
Learn more about these developments and get caught up with all the latest information on the launch of New York mobile sports betting.
New York Register Publishes Online Sports Betting Rules
The New York State Register is a newsletter run by the NY Department of State, a government body that sets codes, rules, and regulations for a variety of industries in the Empire State.
The State Register recognized official mobile sports betting rules in their latest newsletter, a sign that online NY wagering is closer than ever before.
The New York online sports betting rules were officially published in the state register today.
This was expected, but it's still another regulatory hurdle that needed to be cleared before New York online sports betting could be launched.https://t.co/MfsnWUs4jI
— RLinnehanXL (@RLinnehanXl) November 24, 2021
Here are some key highlights:
- The New York Racing Association is interested in offering the advance deposit wagering (ADW) platform in conjunction with NY online sports betting licensees. Customers could use an electronic wallet with funds that can be used to place wagers on the ADW or the mobile sports betting platforms. Payouts could be deposited from winnings from either service.
- Betting sites are required to have a link to the customer complaint process on their main webpages, and DraftKings suggested this link should be placed on the customer’s account page instead. The Commission did not approve this, as they believe the link on the main webpage is easier to find.
- Penn National Gaming asked for the definition of “mobile sports wagering promotion” to be changed to remove terms like “odds boosts” and “odds benefits.” The Commission also denied this request, as pre-approval of these promos ensures regulatory control and consumer protection.
If you’re not interested in the fine print, then all you need to know is New York online sports betting is clearing the final hurdles before launching across the Empire State.
Nine Online New York Sportsbooks Are Set to Launch
The New York State Gaming Commission has approved a total of nine sportsbooks to go online across the state. These online NY sportsbooks include:
Online New York Sportsbooks
|NY Sportsbooks||Anticipated Launch Date|
|FanDuel Sportsbook New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|Caesars Sportsbook New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|Bally Bet New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|WynnBET New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|DraftKings Sportsbook New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|BetMGM New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|Empire Resort||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|Kambi / Rush Street Interactive (BetRivers / SugarHouse)||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
|PointsBet New York||Q4 2021 / Q1 2022|
These betting sites are all expected to be ready for day one of mobile sports betting in New York. They will be required to follow the rules and regulations outlined by the New York State Register.
Online New York Sports Betting Will Be Available Soon
New York state officials have been targeting a launch date that would allow New Yorkers to wager online in time for the NFL playoffs. While an official start date is yet to be determined, online New York sports betting is expected to go live in the coming weeks.
Keep it locked in with Sports Betting Dime for all the latest news on online NY sports betting.
The post New York Online Sports Betting Rules Officialized by State appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.